Wednesday 14 October 2009

Prelim Task - The Text

This is the video of our prelim task, where we exercised particular techniques such as, close up, over the shoulder shots & shot return shot, this is in preparation for our Thriller opening.
I have learnt a lot from this task and I am pleased with our outcome because I think some of our shots were good, for example the close up of the text. We had the chance to get used to using the camera and practicing different shots. I learnt that you can do/add so much more effects to the films using Final Cut Pro.

I think I performed well within the task because I contributed to ideas, worked as a team and worked hard within my role. Although I'm not an actress, I tried my best when it came to it, to make the film interesting and believable. We also had a fair share of editing our film.

Next time I would make sure we use the tripod much more, to steady out shots to make it look more professional. It now makes me look forward to filming our Thriller openings and doing research on Thrillers to get a good idea of interesting Thriller opening.

I before I started AS Media I had experience of using a camera (e.g. filming events/myself singing). I had never used the camera we used for our task, so it was a good experience getting used to a HD camera. I have had little experience editing such as using Windows Movie Maker. I now have experience in using Final Cut Pro (editing/cutting/putting together short films) and I now have the skills for using a professional camera and filming.

In addition to my up and coming Thriller film, very good camera shot will be needed and good acting will be needed because this with capture the audience in the right way. My Thriller will have to included the appropriate music to engage the audience and help bring tension to the story.


The Text - Shanice, Ellen & Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment